Wednesday 16 January 2008

ASD Pathway

It's taken me a couple of days to decide whether to blog this or not - here goes.

Monday afternoon B had an appointment at CAHMS (Child and Adolecent Mental Health Services) - to look into the ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) Pathway - and despite trying to think positively about it I was worried in case it proved to be a waste of time. In the end I was amazed at how productive it was. B saw a lovely nurse, I, who talked to him and had him down pat in 5 minutes. I have another appointment next week to go through a detailed developmental history - and then B will be observed in school, and do assessments in the clinic. And all this will happen within 3 months. Now, even after all this there might not be a definative 'answer' or diagnosis - but I am just so thankful that someone is taking the time to look at B properly. Perhaps the NHS is working after all?

No comments: