Thursday 24 August 2017

Results!


While Ben is away adventuring in Switzerland with Aquila Explorers -
 (today he was in the snow and inside a glacier at Jungfraujoch) - 
I got to pick up his GCSE results.

I am so proud of him -
 7 (A) for Maths ,3's (D's) for English Lit and Lang, B for Science, D for Humanities, Merits for PE and iMedia and a pass for ICT !

When I think back to all the years of battling to get him the correct diagnosis and support - 
when I remember all the worries and traumas of Nursery and Primary School -
today the high school Senco recalled reading Ben's statement when she first met him - 
and her concern about how the school would meet his needs.
Then she said "He did it all himself"
And then I cried -
Because he really is a wonderful young man

Sadly the 3's in English proved to be a barrier to starting a Level 3 course in ICT -
 but after a day of battling at the Sixth Form College, and a bit of a strategic maneuvering on my part  
Ben will be starting a Level 2 course in Engineering, which I think he will really enjoy - 
plus there is a bonus that one of the lecturers is a family friend.
Plus we now have an agreement that he can move to a Level 3 course next September, even if he still hasn't got a 4 in English after retaking it. 
I'm calling that a win for us.
Ben is back on Saturday - 
but I've already had a text conversation with him - 
and he is happy about the course - if not about having to retake English.
Roll on September  - and new opportunities.


No comments: