Sunday 1 February 2009

Miracle Worker?

A minor miracle! Following a visit by the poet David Horner (not usually my favourite person following the unfortunate toilet incident with my friend S a couple of years ago and reports of his less than pleasant attitude dealing with another freind and a school booking) - B wrote this poem. Obviously he had a lot of help with the spelling - but the ideas were all his. And he wrote it all out. And drew a picture. And read it out during assembly. Not a lot for your average Year 3 child, but for B this is a big deal.




Meet My Alien
My alien is all the colours of the rainbow.
It is as clever as my teacher.
My alien lives in a black hole.
It is as funy as his Dad when he welks in to a wall.
My alien eats sprots with fish and chips.
It is as wonderful as going to disney land.
It is as strange as a classroom on the ceiling.





His teachers were stunned. I was stunned. Perhaps this chap does know what he is doing after all?


http://www.davidhorner.com/

No comments: