Wednesday 27 May 2009

Fantastic French Fun (in the sun!)


Hi M here and I'm going to tell you about my fabulous holiday in......FRANCE!!!
I've never ever been a morning person but getting up at 1:30 in the morning changes every thing!
I was partners with A one of my best friends at school.



One of the most exiting parts about the trip was the ferry, it was sooooo cool, yet made me very very dizzy!The instructions from my mother where "Find the life boat and sit by it, you never know when it might sink!"
Oh yes very comforting mother!



At long last we finnaly reached PGL canp. We all longed for a sleep (even if some of us had 5 hours sleep on the coach i.e. me! )We had to go straght off for evening entertanement( which some people wern't very happy abouti.e. all the girls who were in shorts and who got bitten by midges!)

The first full day we did lots of PGL activities like archery, problem solving, rock climbing and aseiling. Then in the afternoon we went to the Louvre. It was really big and full of people. Every piece of art had a crowd around it, especially the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. They were my favourites.





Back at PGL we had tea then went swimming in the freezing outside swimmming pool. Me,J and A stayed at the shallow end so we we wouldn't be splashed by the scary boys.


The next morning we went to the Eiffel tower,in 30 degree heat. Luckly we didnt have to take the 734 steps to the second floor and took the lift. The view was amazing. You could see every thing! Then we went on a boat to see all different shights including, Notre Dame, Johnnie Depps house and the Statue of Liberty; no you're not wrong the Statue of Liberty is in New York but it was designed by Mr Eiffel who designed the Eiffel tower, so France gave it to America, sort of like a friendship braclet. In the evening we had another swim. It was still freezing, but it was good to cool off becuase the day had been so hot.















On the Monday we went to Disneyland Paris. It was just as wonderful as I remembered it, but I was most miffed to find that I was still too small for Space Mountain. My favourite rides were Thunder Mountain, Buzz Light Year, Star Tours and Pirates of the Carribean. On the way to the restraunt at tea time, we saw a parade. I spotted Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel. Last of all we went to the shop and I bought a Minnie Mouse key ring, a little cuddly Simba and a Tigger cuddly.







Finally it was time to go home. It was a long trip back, but I slept for most of it. It was terrifying when we went through a storm with thunder and lightening. We came back through the Chunnel and got home just as everyone was getting up for the day.

No comments: