Tuesday 18 February 2014

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Nearly 25 years ago Al and I went to the cinema to see the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

We'd been going for movies nights once or twice a week all summer -
 usually with Al's best  friend Richard, and often with my best friend Gill too.

That night it was just us - and at the end of the evening, as he drove me home he asked me out.

A couple of days later I went to French Alps with my family  for nearly 3 weeks. 
While I was there I told my mum I was going to marry Al.
Five years later I did.

And now, 24 1/2 years later, we've been to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels again.


.

This time it's a musical, premiering in Manchester 
{as seems to be the way these days}
before transferring to the West End.

Like the film its rather stupid - quite over the top -
and really rather funny.

Robert Lindsay and Rufus Hound were good as the conmen- 
whilst Katherine Kinglsey was just brilliant as the woman who bests them both.

Al and I made a night of it. Gma had Megs and Ben over night, so we could stay in the PremierInn next to the Midland Hotel 

{It has the same view - and a room cost the same as afternoon tea at the Midland....)

The following day we spent the morning in Manchester Art Gallery 
visiting some favourtie Pre-Raphaelites 
{And some amazing large scale crochet}

and then saw the movie The Monuments Men at the cinema at Great Northern,
 before going to pick up the children.





No comments: