Tuesday 28 August 2012

First Day of Summer School



There's still a week until Ben starts High School proper -
but this week he got the chance to go to a 4 day summer school
focusing on Literacy and Team skills

I hoped that this would provide a nice, gentle start to Ben's High School career -
but was also worried that he would fine it difficult to settle down to work.

I was hugely reassured when his Literacy teacher came to talk to me at the start of the day -
she had read his statement(!) and wanted to know more about his likes, dislikes, triggers, stress responses etc!

She also offered to phone me at lunchtime to let me know how Ben had gone on with the Literacy section of the day (the answer was he coped really well and enjoyed the work on Roald Dahls' Revolting Rhymes)

He spent the afternoon playing basketball (good job Al has worked with him on ball skills)
and he emerged at 3 o'clock hot and happy to go again tomorrow!


No comments: