Thursday 16 August 2012

To Be Honest


As always my blog is full of fun and family outings -
but "off screen" I'm spending a lot of time helping Al's Mum and Dad.

His mum, Elizabeth, has end stage Pulmonary Fibrosis
since June she has been using oxygen 24/7.

His Dad is caring for her
 (mostly at home - with frequent respite admissions - and a lot of help from family)

The background story of this summer involves
Doctors, Nurses, the Respiratory Team, Nursing Homes, Social Workers, Care Assessments, Stair Lifts, District Nurses, 999 calls, Prescriptions (changing almost daily), the local Hospice, Medications, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Phone Calls...

and a lot of organising/running around on my part.

I'm now on first name terms with all the pharmacists and the receptionists at the doctors.

Somehow I'm back in school in just over 2 weeks time.

Prayers for Elizabeth to be comfortable, and for Ken to cope with caring for her needs are most welcome.

2 comments:

susan said...

So sorry to hear about your mother in law. It is a horrible disease to watch someone eventually lose their life to. My mother passed away 3 years ago from pulmonary fibrosis and I was her caretaker for the last two years of her life. Praying for strength and courage for you and your family during this time. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that your mother-in-law is suffering from this terrible disease! I lost my mother to PF last Aug. I know how hard it can be to watch them go through this. Mom was only 50...and it was a very short battle! I will be praying for your MIL as I know the days ahead.